Delivering on the Dream (DOTD) is a national network of funding collaboratives investing needed resources to protect and defend the rights of immigrants and refugees to help them achieve their dreams for a better life. Currently, there are 23 collaboratives implementing immigration relief programs, expanding legal services and support for individuals and families and building capacity in immigrant-led organizations.
Georgia launched its collaborative in 2018 with the support of the following local organizations:
- Latino Community Fund (LCF Georgia) fiscal sponsor & co-coordinator
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Atlanta co-coordinator
- The Sapelo Foundation
- The Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation
- The Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta
- The Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Georgia Policy and Budget Institute (GBPI)
High-level Indicators of success for the Georgia collaborative include:
- Build statewide capacity to provide immigration assistance, legal defense
- Prevent the exploitation of immigrants through immigration service (or “
- Build immigrant leadership and organizing capacity to engage in local, state, and federal immigrant rights campaigns, programs and support services
- Facilitate opportunities for funders to
investmentin immigrant-led, people of color-led and LGTBQ-led grassroots organizations
Our funding priorities include immigrant-led, POC-led and LGTBQ-led grassroots organizations in the state with experience in organizing and grassroots leadership development with a budget of less than one million dollars.
The Delivering on the Dream Initiative is organized by Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR) with the vision to advance diverse, equitable, and vibrant communities where immigrants and refugees are valued, respected and treated with dignity.
2018 Georgia grantees include:
|U Lead Athens|
|Women Watch Africa|
|Tahirih Justice Center|
|Hispanic Alliance GA|
|Southeast Immigrant Rights Network|
|Refugee Women’s Network|
|Georgia Muslim Voter Project|
|Los Vecinos De Buford Highway|
If you or your organization are interested in supporting the “Delivering on the Dream- Georgia” or want to learn more, please reach out to gigi@LCFGeorgia.org
Applications for a 2020 grant cycle are underway and by invitation only. If you are interested in learning more or want an opportunity to apply, please fill out this INTEREST FORM until November 26th.