Thank you to the generous support of The Coca-Cola Foundation, the Latino Community Fund is hosting an educational series for members and partners with the following objectives:
- Increase the capacity of Latino leaders to run their organizations
- Build capacity in Latino-serving staff and volunteers to run more effective programs and outreach initiatives
- Strengthening the next generation of leaders and small, community-based organizations that serve Latino populations as a strategy to improve wellbeing and representation of the community.
- Provide an annual opportunity for Latino nonprofit leaders and professionals to convene, learn from each other and explore collaborations
- Advancing equality and diversity in the workforce in Georgia, by bolstering and training a pipeline of diverse executives, staff and board members to serve as the next generation of nonprofit leaders.
Using a “systems’ perspective” the series will include four workshops and one annual convening event addressing key issues and challenges for Latinx-led grassroots organizations based findings from our 2017 survey.
Workshops and topics for the series include:
- Board and governance (January 2019)
- Financial management & nonprofit accounting (April 2019)
- Development strategies in communications and fundraising (May and August 2018)
- Program evaluation (November 2018)
The series is FREE for LCF Member organizations and require a nominal investment from partner organizations. Click here for our workshop calendar and to register for the events
The 6th Annual Latino Summit and Forum, scheduled on November 7th at the Infinite Forum in Gwinnett County and hosted in partnership with Ser Familia, provides a convening opportunity for nonprofit professionals, government executives and elected officials, faith and business leaders working with the Latinx community and interested in collaborations. Through the generous support of our sponsors, we offer FREE SCHOLARSHIPS to LCF Georgia members and other key partners. Click here to learn about partnership opportunities for the summit
Academic partner for program evaluation: