The Latino Community Fund spearheaded in 2018 LATINOS FOR DEMOCRACY a nonpartisan voter mobilization effort aiming to increase turn out of Latinos in Georgia. This collaborative effort is in partnership with the following member organizations:
- The Georgia Alliance for Latino Elected Officials (GALEO)
- The Coalition of Latino Leaders (CLILA) in Dalton
- The Hispanic Alliance in Gainesville
- Dignidad Inmigrante en Athens and
- Vecinos of Buford Highway in Dekalb County
This project is generously funded by the Hispanic Federation and other national and local funders interested in building equitable representation for the state.
Please join us in knocking on doors, calling, educating and reminding your friends to vote. You can also give rides to those that need them, help register new voters and offer space at your upcoming event.
Here are some numbers if you have questions or want to volunteer:
- 888-54GALEO statewide
- If you are in Whitfield County, call 706-529-9216 to reach CLILA
- If you are in Dekalb County, call 864-774-2562 to reach Vecinos of Buford Highway
If you are 17 1/2 and an American citizen, find us during NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY in September at the following High Schools:
During Hispanic Heritage Month, find us registering and educating at the following events:
- Festival del Sabor in Dalton.
- Mexican Independence Day at Plaza Fiesta
- Fiestas Patrias at Plaza Las Americas.
- VIDA FEST in Sugar Hill
- Atlanta Night Market in October 5th