The Latino Community Fund has launched LATINOS FOR DEMOCRACY a nonpartisan voter mobilization campaign targeting Latinos in Georgia. This campaign is in partnership with local organizations including the Georgia Alliance for Latino Elected Officials (GALEO), the Coalition of Latino Leaders (CLILA) in Dalton, the Hispanic Alliance in Gainesville and Vecinos of Buford Highway in Dekalb County and generously funded by the Hispanic Federation.
The “Latinos for Democracy” Initiative focuses on registering Hispanic eligible voters for the November mid-term elections and encouraging existing Latino voters to participate in this year’s elections.
Please join us in knocking on doors, calling, educating and reminding your friends to vote. You can also give rides to those that need them, help register new voters and offer space at your upcoming event.
Here are some numbers if you have questions or want to volunteer:
- 888-54GALEO statewide
- If you are in Whitfield County, call 706-529-9216 to reach CLILA
- If you are in Dekalb County, call 864-774-2562 to reach Vecinos of Buford Highway
If you are 17 1/2 and an American citizen, find us during NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY (Sept. 25) at the following High Schools:
We and partner organizations will also be at the following events, make sure you stop by to register to vote or ask questions about the process!
- Festival del Sabor en Dalton, September 9
- Mexican Independence Day at Plaza Fiesta, September 16
- Fiestas Patrias at Plaza Las Americas, September 16
- VIDA FEST on September 22 in Sugar Hill
- Night Market on October 5th
- Latino Business Summit on October 18