The Latino Community Fund spearheaded in 2018 LATINOS FOR DEMOCRACY a nonpartisan voter mobilization effort aiming to increase turn out of Latinos in Georgia. This collaborative effort is in partnership with the following member organizations:
- The Georgia Alliance for Latino Elected Officials (GALEO)
- The Coalition of Latino Leaders (CLILA) in Dalton
- The Hispanic Alliance in Gainesville (only in 2018)
- Dignidad Inmigrante en Athens and
- Vecinos of Buford Highway in Dekalb County
In 2020, our coalition grew and the following organizations joined:
- Hispanic Organization for the Promotion of Education (HoPe)
- Unidos Latino Association of Rockdale and Newton Counties
- Georgia Familias Unidas
This project was generously spearheaded by the Hispanic Federation and now receives the investment of a number of national and local funders interested in building equitable representation for the state. CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT OUR 2020 CAMPAIGN
Please join us in knocking on doors, calling, educating and reminding your friends to vote. You can also give rides to those that need them, help register new voters and offer space at your upcoming event.
Here are some numbers if you have questions or want to volunteer:
- 888-54GALEO statewide
- If you are in Whitfield County, call 706-529-9216 to reach CLILA
If you are 17 1/2 and an American citizen, find us during NATIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION DAY in September at the following High Schools:
During Hispanic Heritage Month, find us registering and educating at the following events:
- Festival del Sabor in Dalton.
- Mexican Independence Day at Plaza Fiesta
- Fiestas Patrias at Plaza Las Americas.
- VIDA FEST in Sugar Hill
- Latinx Fest in Athens, GA